1. Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studiesin a mining engineering program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0.
Here is the link for grade conversion https://www.admissions.iastate.edu/apply/gpa_calc.php .
2. Be an SME student member in good standing.
3. Attend a mining engineering program that is ABET accredited
4. Attend a school that has an SME student chapter.
5. Demonstrate a desire for and a probability of success in a career in coal mining, coal processing, or other mining-related energy sources.