1. Have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
2. Be an SME student member in good standing.
3. Attend a school that is ABET accredited and pursuing a degree in mining engineering, minerals engineering, mineral, ore or coal processing leading to a B.S. degree in these fields.
4. Preference will be given to applicants attending accredited programs in colleges and universities located within the boundaries of SME Pittsburgh.
5. Part-time students and students in cooperative programs are eligible to apply.
6. Must be a U.S. Citizen at the time of application.