Veolia Water Technologies Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Have chosen a study program related to the field of mining and the environment.
2. Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
3. Is an SME student Member in good standing.
4. Attends a school that is (1) ABET accredited, (2) has an SME Student Chapter, or (3) offers a B.S., B.A., or M.S., or Ph.D. in Geological Sciences.
5. Must submit a short essay (250 words) explaining why water is an essential part of the mining process.