1. Be studying mining engineering or an equivalent degree and have a research topic related to a ground control issue.
2. Be an SME student member in good standing.
3. Attend a school that is ABET accredited and/or has an SME student chapter.
5. Be a U.S. Citizen. Non-U.S. citizens may be considered.
6. Demonstrate a desire for and a probability of success in career in the minerals industry.
Due to a software glitch prohibiting the upload of supporting documentation, SME is extending the scholarship deadline through Sunday, October 20, 2019.
We don’t want you to miss out on these important scholarship opportunities. If you have completed the initial application process online, you can send your supporting document to Carol Kiser at email@example.com to be manually attached to your application. Simply label the files with your name, what the document is (resume, faculty letter, industry letter, transcript, statement) and what scholarship it belongs to.
We apologize for the inconvenience to our members and expect that a fix will be in place very shortly.